Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Crock-Pot Steel Cut Oats

I felt I was super mom with the Crock-pot the other day. I had soaked some red beans the day before, put them to cook all day. I separated the cooked beans in 2 quart jars, then the rest I made a red bean chili in the crock.

The 2 quarts of red beans will be for dinners later on in the week.

So, after the chili was done for supper that evening, I washed the crock and set it for breakfast!
It cooked all night and was warm and ready to eat when we woke. Easy peasy!!!

Crock-Pot Steel Cut Oats

2 cups steel cut oats
6 cups water
1/3 cups honey
1/2 cup raisins
2 tsp cinnamon (or more to your liking)

Stir all ingredients into crock and set for 6 hours and 30 minutes on low. My new wonderful crock has a timer and once the time is out it automatically sets to warm. Very nice.

You can check out my new crock and the vegetarian tortilla soup recipe here.

No comments: